The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo rear seats into gvr4

Jordangvr4

yes.....use the search/there more than 1 topic on this

Picture003.jpg

stealthtt24

Here's a little help, Ive bolted my rear evo seats where your back goes but haven't tackled where your butt goes yet...

FROM vr4460mez

Trim the foam, bend the support bars in the seat just enough don't cut them, and drill out the welds on the two brackets were the factory seats would latch onto and remove them. Then either use a screw or weld on a nut so you can use the hooks on the evo seat to bolt the rear seat down and pushing it back to close up the gap at the rear. The nut or screw would be attaching the evo seat hooks to the metal brace running across the bottom of the seat. It's kind of hard to explain without showing you mine. If you have more questions let me know.

90200-0-0-0.jpg

stealthtt24

Here are pics of the rear evo seats. Im waiting on my roommate to get home to weld the nuts to the metal, you can see that in the first pic. You can see where I cut the little notches out of the floor, cut the foam from under the evo seat, and bent the metal tabs in the first two pics. Also just showed some pics of the evo seat where your back sits in the last two pics, easy stuff.

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned